The foundation of the Under Pressure Dive Blog is to provide and improve accessibility to SCUBA diving and snorkeling and to present the many fantastic aspects of our sport and industry at large. Open, honest and respectful dialog is an important part of that. Please add the following guidelines to your ‘Buddy Check’ before diving in and help keep this a welcoming and inclusive environment. In short, keep your comments ‘environmentally friendly’!
By posting on the Under Pressure Dive Blog, you agree to the following:
- You may comment without registering. You can log-in via Disqus, OpenID, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or not at all. It’s up to you.
- You may post anonymously. I don’t recommend this, but you may do so if you wish. I may change this rule if it is abused.
- You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are there’s a dive buddy out there with the same one. I would rather receive your comments on the blog than via email since it is more effective to address everyone at once rather than answer several similar emails.
- You may disagree with me. I welcome discussion and expression of differing views. However, I ask that if you disagree with me—or anyone else, for that matter—do so in a way that is respectful. In my opinion, there are way too many sea-trolls in the public pool to allow it here.
- I reserve the right to delete your comments. As the owner of The Under Pressure Dive Blog, I don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your own blog not mine. Specifically, I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post provided that it is accompanied by substantive comments on the related post topic here on the Under Pressure Dive Blog.
- You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
Keep the waters around the Under Pressure Dive Blog clean, relevant and respectful!
Note: Many thanks to Michael Hyatt who has made his own comments policy available for use and which was adapted here. If you run a blog or other community based organization I highly recommend his blog at www.michaelhyatt.com; his podcast ‘This is Your Life‘ and his book ‘Platform‘ which provides incredible insight and valuable tools for creating and developing communities.
The surface interval’s over… get out there and dive!